PostgreSQL scaleability question

From: "Wang, Mary Y" <mary(dot)y(dot)wang(at)boeing(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL scaleability question
Date: 2005-02-18 21:42:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

I have been using PostgreSQL for my project repository, because it is
free and easy to use. My manager is trying to decide if he should use a
commerical database such as Oracle or PostgreSQL for a gaint information
repository for the corporate. He asked me what is the scaleability on
PostgreSQL. I don't have the answer. So far, I have been very pleased
with PostgreSQL, but I'm only using it for my project.

Does anyone have any information on this? Has anyone done any
comparsions?

Many thanks in advance!

Mary Wang