Other list - or answer?

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Other list - or answer?
Date: 2007-07-05 17:53:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

My supervisor has requested that I copy a small database to Excel for
her to look at. The first time I did it, I used the copy command and
the data was so dirty that it didn't come in very well. Someone
suggested that I use a pipe to delimit the data so that the Excel can
ignore the commas that are imbedded in the data. I tried to do that
and I'm having trouble with the syntax.

Is there another list where I should bring this kind of query
question? I have already searched for an answer on the postgres.org
site, but didn't turn up anything useful for this.

Thanks,
Carol