pg_dump warning format?

From: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump warning format?
Date: 2007-03-15 22:16:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello, I'm currently working on an automated data archival script
that will dump an existing archive db, drop it, recreate it from a
template, and then fill it with any data ready to be archived from
our production db. My question here is: What is the format of the
warnings and/or errors that pg_dump will spit out on standard error?
Does redirect_stderr set in the config file affect the pg_dump
utility? Basically I need a way for my script to know if it needs to
abort because there were issues with the dump before it follows
through with the drop db...

erik jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
sofware developer
615-296-0838