Re: Indexing on JSONB field not working

From: Zhihong Zhang <zhihong(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Indexing on JSONB field not working
Date: 2019-12-27 19:52:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On Dec 27, 2019, at 12:45 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> I think we can eliminate the RLS-is-blocking-it idea, because that
> would also apply to stats on simple columns. But maybe your user only
> has select privilege on some columns of the table in question?

The user is the default/vanilla RDS account. We didn’t set any special permissions.

Let me know if you want check any specific permissions. Here are all the permissions I know of,

SELECT grantee, privilege_type FROM information_schema.role_table_grants WHERE table_name='assets_copy';
grantee | privilege_type
----------+----------------
postgres | INSERT
postgres | SELECT