From: "Matt Doughty" <matt(dot)doughty(at)geograma(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2007-11-28 16:05:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is there a way of selecting all fields except for one in particular? I'd
like to create a query that says something like:

select * except fieldx

What I'm hoping to achieve is a query that can be valid for a number of
different tables, although the field I don't want to select is always
called the same (field_not_wanted, for example). I've been told that an
array could work in this case but I'm not reallly sure about how to go
about this.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Doughty