Re: Major French companies officially asking sofware vendors to support PostgreSQL

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Damien Clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Major French companies officially asking sofware vendors to support PostgreSQL
Date: 2017-12-07 14:11:42
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 7 Dec 2017, at 07:13, Damien Clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info> wrote:

> The French PostgreSQL Cross-Enterprise Work Group, a non-profit organization advocating for the adoption and use of PostgreSQL, just published an open letter to all software vendors that don’t already do so to take steps to support PostgreSQL as a database management system (DBMS).
>
> The ambition of this initiative is to incite them to adapt quickly to the irresistible IT transformation in progress in public and private companies.
>
> Created in 2016, the PostgreSQL Cross-Enterprise Work Group ( called “Groupe de Travail Inter-Entreprise” or “GT Entreprise” in French) is a dedidacted task force inside the PostgreSQLFr non-profit association (https://www.postgresql.fr/asso/) Over the last months,it has grown remarkably.
>
> In a new press release published yesterday, the workgroup sent an open letter to software vendors asking them officially to support PostgreSQL.
>
> * Original version :
> <https://www.postgresql.fr/entreprises/20171206_lettre_ouverte_aux_editeurs_de_logiciels>
>
> * English translation :
> <https://www.postgresql.fr/entreprises/english>
[snip]

Awesome. :)

This seems like the kind of thing that should go on the PostgreSQL
website's "News" section. Well, the English translation of it, as
the .org website is English focused.

Also - very minor - there's a typo on the first sentence of the English
page:

https://www.postgresql.fr/entreprises/english

"... is a dedidacted task force ..." ← dedicated is spelled wrong. ;)

For press release's, it's probably worth fixing though. First impression
stuff, etc. ;)

Out of curiosity, how much time and effort has it taken to get the French
PostgreSQL Cross-Enterprise Work Group up and running? Sounds like a lot.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi