Re: Facing issues with pgsql upgrade.

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Ajay Kajla <ajaykajla(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Facing issues with pgsql upgrade.
Date: 2022-04-18 04:17:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/17/22 19:11, Ajay Kajla wrote:
> Thanks Adrian,
>
> 1. What if we re-create template0 and template1?

First I would determine what else might be missing?

In psql what happens if you do:

\l

to get a list of databases?

And can you connect to the databases other then postgres?

> 2. how to restore them if we have a folder backup of the data directory?

When was the backup done and how?

Are you sure it is a complete backup?

Do you have tablespaces,other then the default, in use?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com