Re: strange issue with UUID data types

From: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strange issue with UUID data types
Date: 2010-03-17 19:18:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

"
> Given my recent history re: uuid's perhaps I shouldn't chime in here,
> but can't help myself.
>
> get/run pg_config to see how postgres was built and installed. It may
> be using ossp uuid support?

I ran this and it showed that ossp uuid were turned on. This build is the
windows installer from EnterpriseDB

> 2. Are all the uuid libraries 64 bit?

I'm not sure what EnterpriseDB uses and I'm not sure what difference this
would make. I can't get it to work on either 32 bit or 64 bit Windows
platforms.

> 3. Has the programme been migrated from 32 bit?

The program is a Win32 program

Best Regards

Mike Gould

--