Re: help with fmgr

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help with fmgr
Date: 2021-08-16 16:30:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I've two main doubts:
> - is fmgr working for non PL functions? Because I cannot see messages
> starting when an internal function is invoked;

Built-in functions do not support fmgr_hook; see the order of tests
in fmgr_info_cxt_security(). I'd be loath to change that, for both
performance and risk-of-circularity reasons.

Note that built-in is not the same as internal --- you could potentially
make a new internal-language pg_proc entry pointing at some existing
built-in function, and then calls using that could get hooked.