Long running update

From: Akash Garg <akash(dot)garg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Long running update
Date: 2005-08-11 23:17:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I currently running an update statement that updates every row in a
very large table. This query will obviously take a long time to run.
My question -- is there any way to know how much time it will take
once it starts? Even something that could help me approximate the
speed at which it's doing the update would be helpful.

Thanks,
Akash