Re: DB size difference after restore

From: Fabio Pardi <f(dot)pardi(at)portavita(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB size difference after restore
Date: 2018-10-03 12:58:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Sonam,

it is common that after an export (pg_dump) and a consecutive import, the new database uses less space than the old one.

Under some circumstances, indexes can become unbalancedor bloated, and tables bloated. And that uses more space than it should.

for the sake of trying it out: If you perform a 'vacuum full' on your old db,then the size should be very close or equal to the newly imported one.

hope it clarifies.

regards,

fabio pardi