Autovacuum and frequent pg_bulkload

From: Job <Job(at)colliniconsulting(dot)it>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Autovacuum and frequent pg_bulkload
Date: 2016-11-20 12:51:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

i use PostgreSql 8.4.22 and two times a day, i import logs wth pg_bulkload and i delete old data. I move some millions of records in a day.

I noticed that only autovacuum seems not to be able to free unused space.
I need a periodical vacuum full but this operations takes many hours.

Do you think it is due to pk_bulkload that is not able to "see" free-marked space to use when loading new data?

Thank you,
/F