Geographic DB

From: PaulD <pauldacus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Geographic DB
Date: 2005-11-17 17:37:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I actually implemented something in PHP/mySQL that is a DB of latitudes
& longitudes and zipcodes. The formula computes distance 'as the crow
flies' using the radius of the Earth between 2 zipcodes, etc. It's

here:

http://www.deschuteshay.com/distance/ziptest1.php

I wish I could remember where I got this data... maybe
hotscripts.com <http://hotscripts.com/>?
If needed, I can gzip a mysql dump... I'll leave the PG conversion to
you :-) Very simple though... only 3 fields!

Tell me if you'd like... maybe I'll post a download link to a page.