Vacuum nag !

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Vacuum nag !
Date: 2007-01-18 12:54:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I am working on an import of databases, so I keep dropping and re-creating schemas, and then populating tables.

Even, if I do a VACUUM ANALYSE on the entire DB, PG Admin will prompt me to perform a VACUUM when I use one of the tables populated.
Is this normal ?
I would have thought that considering I have already done a VACUUM ANALYSE, I would not need to do it again ! ;-) ... or am I missing something ?

I could check the "don't give me experts advice" in the preferences, but as I am quite a newbee in PG, I feel I need them ! ;-)

Cheers,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com