Re: Versioning/updating schema

From: Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jan Cruz" <malebug(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Versioning/updating schema
Date: 2006-10-11 10:37:11
Lists: pgsql-general

"Jan Cruz" <malebug(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> Is there a utility that could update/merge functions/views from a postgresql
> dump to an existing db?

I remember seeing something about a 'diff'... Something like 'pgdiff'...
With it you could compare and generate a script that went from one situation
to the other.

I haven't put my hands on that to see if it really works, though...

There's something that Pentaho can do (another developer told me he used it
for doing that).

--
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>