Re: Cleaning up perl code

From: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>
To: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cleaning up perl code
Date: 2024-05-20 20:39:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> Hello hackers,
>
> Please look at a bunch of unused variables and a couple of other defects
> I found in the perl code, maybe you'll find them worth fixing:

Nice cleanup! Did you use some static analysis tool, or did look for
them manually? If I add [Variables::ProhibitUnusedVariables] to
src/tools/perlcheck/perlcriticrc, it finds a few more, see the attached
patch.

The scripts parsing errcodes.txt really should be refactored into using
a common module, but that's a patch for another day.

- ilmari

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Prohibit-unused-variables.patch text/x-diff 3.2 KB