differential test coverage when working on a patch

From: Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213(at)163(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: differential test coverage when working on a patch
Date: 2024-06-03 14:20:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When testing my own patches or review other's patches, I want to know if
the new code has been tested, however our current 'make coverage-html'
shows all the codes rather than the 'new code', so is there a good way
to get the answer for the above question?

I searched lcov at [1] and the options like '--diff-file' or
'--select-script' looks very promising, but all of them needs some time
to try it out and then automate it. so I'd like to ask first..

[1] https://github.com/linux-test-project/lcov/blob/master/README

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan