Re: Data Warehouse

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data Warehouse
Date: 2006-09-10 01:48:23
Lists: pgsql-general

In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com ("Jaime Casanova") transmitted:
> Anyone here knows if exists a data warehouse software that uses
> postgresql? if it is open source that will be a plus...

There tends to be 3 parts to this...

1. Data storage

The RDBMS of your choice...

2. ETL - Loading data into the data store.

Often this is a custom application, as it must be attuned to your
unique data sources.

Bizgres spun off something called KETL; some might consider Perl or
Python to be "the ETL software."

3. Query tools

The Bizgres guys have put together some tools for this; you may also
be able to hook up commercial tools from Cognos and Business Objects
and such.

Or build your own...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;