INSERT and SELECT

From: Eric BARROCA <eric(at)netsystems(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: INSERT and SELECT
Date: 1999-12-10 15:46:42
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I've tried this query with PostgreSQL, but it doesn't work. Could anyone
explain me why and what must I do to get the same result ?
Query example : "INSERT INTO table VALUES (
(SELECT oid FROM membre WHERE email="toto(at)toto(dot)com"),
"test");"
I get the error : "parse error near select".

I've been searched in the manual and with deja.com but I haven't found
something about this.
This query works with mysql (and it's the only one query that works with
this RDBMS ;-)

Thanks,

Éric.

--
Éric BARROCA | Logiciels Libres, Conception Intranet/Extranet,
E-Mail: eric(at)netsystems(dot)fr | Sites Web dynamiques, Commerce électronique,