Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Seiderer <ps(dot)report(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags
Date: 2015-03-20 01:51:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> if test "`(eval $ac_link 2>&1 1>&5)`" = "" && test "`(eval
>> $ac_compile 2>&1 1>&5)`" = ""; then

FWIW, I happened to run into this recently on IRC with someone having
compile problems on FreeBSD (10.1); they were using some nonstandard
compile flags, and configure's pthread test was breaking as a result
(they did not report what the actual warning was).

While investigating that, I also noticed that this code prevents any
attempt at running configure with -x in effect from working properly,
making it a bit hard to debug.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)