Re: searching bison guru - grouping sets implementation

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Pg Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: searching bison guru - grouping sets implementation
Date: 2008-08-05 14:18:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:

> I don't know how that should be resolved, or if it's a genuine ambiguity in the
> ANSI and PostgreSQL syntax or something that can be fixed with some Bison
> magic.

Fwiw I looked into this once already and noted the same conflict:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.devel.general/83563/match=rollup

Tom pointed out that there's more than one way to skin a cat:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.devel.cvs/22326/focus=83563

(Oh look at that, he actually used precisely that phrase)

--
Gregory Stark