Re: Stored procedures returning rowsets

From: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: Jarosław Nozderko <jaroslaw(dot)nozderko(at)polkomtel(dot)com(dot)pl>
Cc: "Pgsql-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stored procedures returning rowsets
Date: 2002-08-09 14:42:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Jarosław Nozderko <jaroslaw(dot)nozderko(at)polkomtel(dot)com(dot)pl> writes:
> I've searched list archives, but the
> problem I'm interested in seems not to
> be frequently mentioned. I've read in
> 7.3 development doc about table functions.
> However, are there any plans to implement
> procedures/functions returning arbitrary
> rowsets (not only from existing table)

Yes -- read the proposals on -hackers and -patches sent in by Joe
Conway by more information. As of recent CVS, you can call a table
function and specify an "anonymous composite type", which basically
tells the function (at runtime) what kind of data it should return.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC