Re: Best approach for a "gap-less" sequence

From: Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL General ML" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best approach for a "gap-less" sequence
Date: 2006-08-17 12:34:23
Lists: pgsql-general

"Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> I did not test the code right now, but I've written something similar to
> it some time ago, and it worked fine. Remember to vacuum gapless_seq
> table frequently and don't expect stellar performance from it.

Interesting approach... And I don't expect too much performance for it. The
restriction of the gapless sequence makes it expected that there's some minor
delay somewhere. It would be bad on "common" sequences, but not on
gapless. :-)

Thanks for the code... It is a bit different from mine -- better, in
fact... ;-) -- and I could give it a try.

--
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>