Issue using Python to import a server

From: Arne Brücher <arne(dot)bruecher(at)zollsoft(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issue using Python to import a server
Date: 2024-01-29 14:00:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to import a server using the CLI/Python using the following docs:
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/development/import_export_servers.html#importing-servers

Unfortunately I don't get which path to Python and setup.py is meant.
Do I have to activate the virtual environment in /Applications/pgAdmin\
4.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/venv?
Do I have to use the Python executable and setup.py which also can be
found in the Application directory?
Are the instructions linked above even meant as an addition to the
PgAdmin GUI?

Thanks in advance and with kind regards
Arne Brücher