Re: Coding style

From: Nic Ferrier <nferrier(at)tapsellferrier(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Lars Stenberg" <lars(dot)stenberg(at)psycat(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Coding style
Date: 2003-02-02 21:23:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

"Lars Stenberg" <lars(dot)stenberg(at)psycat(dot)net> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder if the project-owner want me to watch the entire jdbc source tree
> and convert into a commonly used coding style. In A file i found at least
> three different styles:
>
> 1) public java.sql.Time getTime(int parameterIndex) throws SQLException
> {
>
> 2) public java.sql.Timestamp getTimestamp(int parameterIndex)
> throws SQLException {
>
> 3) public void setUseServerPrepare(boolean flag) throws SQLException {
>
> Might be better if we all use a common codestyle like the third one? Anyhow,
> if you want me to fix the code so it is consistent just tell me.

I'm not one of the project owners... but I do hack on postgresql and I
would rather you didn't do that.

The reason is that doing a text mangle will cause revision tracking
lossage, it's conveiniant sometimes to be able to scan backwards and
forwards across the revision tree.

I believe that postgresql jdbc code IS consistently indented, I for
one don't really care what brace style is used.

Nic