Re: Considering fractional paths in Append node

From: Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213(at)163(dot)com>
To: Nikita Malakhov <hukutoc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrei Lepikhov <lepihov(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Considering fractional paths in Append node
Date: 2024-10-19 00:03:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Nikita Malakhov <hukutoc(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

Hi Nikita,

> Hi!
>
> Andy, one quick question - what do you think on using
> root->limit_tuples as a guidance on how many
> rows we have to consider in plans cost?

Within my exprerience, the committer probabaly dislikes the idea of
"ignoring the difference of tuple_fraction between subquery level and
RelOptInfo level" and the committers dislikes a complex soluation like
what I did in [1]. Maybe you can try to figure out completed and simple
soluation to make everyone happy, but I have no idea about on this right
now.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAApHDvry0nSV62kAOH3iccvfPhGPLN0Q97%2B%3Db1RsDPXDz3%3DCiQ%40mail.gmail.com

--