Re: Database Performance?

From: Adrian Phillips <adrianp(at)powertech(dot)no>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>, PostgreSQL general list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database Performance?
Date: 2002-02-18 15:05:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Jean-Michel> Your email clearly shows that MySQL lacks
Jean-Michel> features. Pease keep in mind that MySQL is developped
Jean-Michel> by a single man (who accepts patches from others),
Jean-Michel> not a community of developpers like PostgreSQL.

Now this is FUD. MySQL was mainly initially developed by Monty but
gradually a team of developers was added at first by people
volunteering as with PostgreSQL then those deemed good enough
(presumably) were offered jobs to hack MySQL. Certainly since I
stopped reading the MySQL mailing list a couple of years ago this was
happening (and there were a number of people who had got jobs, 7 or 8
at least) and I doubt that it has shrunk down since.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.