Re: pgsql: Change floating-point output format for improved performance.

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Change floating-point output format for improved performance.
Date: 2019-02-13 16:38:16
Lists: pgsql-committers

Fallout so far:

Cygwin claims to have strtof, but it silently underflows to zero and
misrounds input. Could be fixable with a variant output file?

ICC seems to be miscompiling something, that'll need investigation.

s390 failures: ts_rank isn't as numerically stable as I thought it would
be, that can be fixed by setting extra_float_digits=0 for that test like
I did with some others. To be honest I'm not sure why I didn't do that
before - probably just an oversight.

Cross-version upgrade is the big problem; I have no real idea how to
make that test work short of adding another GUC; revert?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)