Re: Unexpected block ID found when reading data

From: Gilar Ginanjar <gilar(at)innovation-project(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com>, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected block ID found when reading data
Date: 2021-08-03 15:20:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, i’ve found at some forums (DBeaver) that it is a bug on pg_restore. Hopefully so, so that I have hope to restore my data later.

This is the output for "pg_restore —version”:

pg_restore (PostgreSQL) 12.7

And this are some "pg_restore -l -v dbdump.backup” output:

; dbname: mydb
; TOC Entries: 6487
; Compression: 3
; Dump Version: 1.14-0
; Format: CUSTOM
; Integer: 4 bytes
; Offset: 8 bytes
; Dumped from database version: 9.6.21
; Dumped by pg_dump version: 12.5

Once again many thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.