Re: Restart after poweroutage

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lapham(at)jandr(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restart after poweroutage
Date: 2007-03-13 20:09:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Just for completeness, could we see the output of "ipcs -a" now?
> [root(at)bilbo ~]# ipcs -a

Thanks. The postgres segment looks pretty standard here. I'm a bit
curious what all the lapham-owned destroyed segments are --- any idea?
Although it seems that they can't possibly be relevant.

I'm kind of leaning to the idea that we're seeing the results of some
corner-case kernel bug here. Anyone familiar with what part of the
Linux kernel implements shmctl()? I've never dug into it ...