Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results into variables

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results into variables
Date: 2018-08-14 12:43:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> The patch in the original email is in text/plain with base64 transfer
>> encoding, which means that CRLF line endings are mandatory. It's
>> actually up to the receiving MUA (or the archives webserver) to undo
>> that.
>>
>> If the archives webserver isn't handling that then it's a bug there.

Andrew> Probably a good reason not to use text/plain for patches, ISTM.
Andrew> I do note that my MUA (Thunderbird) uses text/x-patch and
Andrew> probably violates RFC2046 4.1.1

The first patch of yours I found was in text/x-patch with 7bit transfer
encoding, so the line endings are actually those of the mail message
itself (i.e. CRLF on the wire).

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)