Re: libpq3 + ssl memory leak

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Olaf Hartmann <hao(at)telemedsys(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq3 + ssl memory leak
Date: 2003-12-05 04:23:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Olaf Hartmann <hao(at)telemedsys(dot)de> writes:
> We expirience a memory leak with every connection when using an SSL
> encrypted TCP connection to connect a postgres database.

I can verify this locally. Unfortunately, my copy of valgrind doesn't
seem to be picking up the debugging symbols for OpenSSL, which makes
it difficult to track down if this is a fault in OpenSSL or libpq.

If someone else wants to tackle this, go ahead -- my plate is full
until around December 10th. Otherwise I'll look into it then.

-Neil