Re: Considering fractional paths in Append node

From: Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213(at)163(dot)com>
To: Nikita Malakhov <hukutoc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Considering fractional paths in Append node
Date: 2024-10-17 00:05:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Nikita Malakhov <hukutoc(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

Helll Nikita,

> Hi hackers!
>
> Sorry, I've forgot to attach the patch itself. Please check it out.

Could you check if [1] is related to this subject? I think the hard part
would be which tuple_fraction to use during adding
add_paths_to_append_rel since root->tuple_fraction is on subquery level,
while the add_paths_to_append_rel is only on RelOptInfo level.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAApHDvry0nSV62kAOH3iccvfPhGPLN0Q97%2B%3Db1RsDPXDz3%3DCiQ%40mail.gmail.com

--
Best Regards