Object IDs in Parse message

From: Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Object IDs in Parse message
Date: 2019-09-03 20:01:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello, I'm implementing my own pgsql client for fun and I'm trying to
understand how to send a Parse message. The final parameter to Parse is
a series of Int32s with the description:

Specifies the object ID of the parameter data type. Placing a zero here
is equivalent to leaving the type unspecified.

But where do I find the list of object IDs? Doing some internet
searches didn't bring up much. Poking around the code I came across the
file:

./src/backend/catalog/pg_type_d.h

And that has a series of OID's with integer values. Is this the mapping
I'm looking for?

If so, It's not clear how to express some things. For example there is
a MONEYARRAYOID, but no MONEYOID. Would I use, for example, NUMERICOID
for money? If so, why does MONEYARRAYOID exist rather than using
NUMERICOID?

Thanks,
/Malcolm