Re: Migration from SQL Server to PostgeSQL

From: Thibaut Madelaine <thibaut(dot)madelaine(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: "Muthukumar(dot)GK" <muthankumar(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migration from SQL Server to PostgeSQL
Date: 2020-11-30 13:29:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 30/11/2020 à 06:11, Muthukumar.GK a écrit :
> HiTeam,
>
> We need to migrate tables,Records,Procedure and function from SQL
> server to Postgresql. Kindly let me know, Is there any  tool or
> easiest way  available to migrate from SQL Server to Postgresql.
> Please let me know if there are any limitations in *postgresql
> *compared to SQL server.
>
> Regards
> Muthu.

Hello Muthukumar,

We maintain a tool to migrate from SQL Server to PostgreSQL:
sqlserver2pgsql <https://github.com/dalibo/sqlserver2pgsql>

You can use it to convert your SQL schema.
It can generate Pentaho Data Integrator (Kettle) job to migrate all the
data.

Unfortunately , it does not migrate procedures and functions.
Transact-SQL is very different from PostgreSQL's many PL languages.
These would need a manual migration.

Hope this tool can be of any help!

Cordialement,

Thibaut

--
Thibaut Madelaine
Dalibo Support PostgreSQL

Attachment Content-Type Size
OpenPGP_0x6571D14E47869FF3.asc application/pgp-keys 2.4 KB