[Pljava-dev] cannot set the classpath to a specific jar to get anexternal connection

From: Jon(dot)Roberts at asurion(dot)com (Roberts, Jon)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] cannot set the classpath to a specific jar to get anexternal connection
Date: 2010-06-03 12:15:30
Lists: pljava-dev

I think you need to first install the jar and then set the class path.

For example:
select * from
sqlj.install_jar('file:///java/jars/postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar',
'example_jar', true);
select sqlj.set_classpath('public', 'example_jar');

I use PL/Java to connect to other databases (Oracle, SQL Server, and
PostgreSQL) but I created a single Jar with all of my drivers and load
that to the database.

Jon