Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.

From: Jennifer Trey <jennifer(dot)trey(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Massa, Harald Armin" <chef(at)ghum(dot)de>, Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Scott Mead <scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.
Date: 2009-04-08 16:49:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Well, no.. I don't know that. But in a worst case scenario, where everything
is using max, there won't be 3.5 GB for the OS. But for the OS + Postgre
(combined) there will be 2.5 + 2.75 .. But it seems that there is no
greater danger in the effective cache, but a good setting would be nice :)
Is the effective cache only the one for the OS ? not for them combined ?

Sincerely / Jen