Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.

From: Jennifer Trey <jennifer(dot)trey(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Massa, Harald Armin" <chef(at)ghum(dot)de>, Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.
Date: 2009-04-08 16:24:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Scott, thank you.

I think I might have misunderstood the effective cache size. Its measured in
8kB blocks. So the old number 449697 equals 3.5 GB, which is quite much.
Should I lower this? I had plans to use 2.75GB max. Can I put 2.75GB there?
Should I leave it?

Also, Greg. Since I use Java, prepared statements are quite natural. And I
read this part on the guide which I understand you are part of :

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-resource.html#GUC-MAX-PREPARED-TRANSACTIONS

Should I change this value? Not sure... :S

Worried about the locks... whats your though on this? Should I just leave it
alone?

Sincerely / Jennifer