Re: Quad Opteron stuck in the mud

From: Dan Harris <fbsd(at)drivefaster(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quad Opteron stuck in the mud
Date: 2005-07-13 19:16:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Jul 13, 2005, at 1:11 PM, John A Meinel wrote:

> I might be wrong, but there may be something much more substantially
> wrong than slow i/o.
> John

Yes, I'm afraid of that too. I just don't know what tools I should
use to figure that out. I have some 20 other databases on this
system, same schema but varying sizes, and the small ones perform
very well. It feels like there is an O(n) increase in wait time that
has recently become very noticeable on the largest of them.

-Dan