extended error codes in the JDBC driver

From: mray(at)360commerce(dot)com
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: extended error codes in the JDBC driver
Date: 2002-05-08 23:08:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

What would it take to get meaningful extended error code reporting into a more
useful state? My company is looking at using PostgreSQL for a commercial
deployment and this seems to be a big roadblock to using PostgreSQL's JDBC
driver. Is there a company that could be contracted to provide this feature?
Is this too large a task to do in a relatively short amount of time? Just
curious since I've been prodded to make a few inquiries on the subject.

Thanks,
Matthew H. Ray