Re: Adding Arabic dictionary for TSearch2.. to_tsvector('arabic'...) doesn't work..

From: Mohamed <mohamed5432154321(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding Arabic dictionary for TSearch2.. to_tsvector('arabic'...) doesn't work..
Date: 2009-01-05 19:19:47
Lists: pgsql-general

There has been an error made and messages I have written didn't not end up
here so I will do a repost on couple ... :)

Thank you Oleg. I am reading that guide. Its a little too much at one time.
I am getting a little confused. I don't have any dictionary yet, but I just
found a hunspell dictionary for Arabic :

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=msameer%40debian.org

Now I see Sam wrote too... :)

I hope you guys will still be around to help me set it up when I have
finished my reading? I have seen earlier posts from you Oleg about
dictionaries, so I suppose you know it pretty well. (Not to mention the big
pdf file you have written !)
I am working on my developer (laptop) now, I prefer if I don't have to
repeat all the work later on.. is there away of avoiding this? To only have
to do these builds once or create some kind of a batch file and run them on
the production server later ( I am afraid I won't remember what I did one
inorder to repeat it)

Btw, you know if it is possible to combine the Tsearch with Hibernate (HQL)
or will I just have to do it all in SQL ?

The more dictionaries I use the better? or should I just choose and use only
one to build my lexemes and stopwords (etc) ?

Oleg :

> We usually use {ispell, stemmer} dictionary stack. if you don't have
> stemmer for arabic, just use simple dictionary, so if ispell dict doesn't
> recognize word, it will be recognized by simple dict and that word will be
> indexed.

What do you mean with simple dictionary ? Does that come with postgre ? Is
it possible to do the same with {hunspell, stemmer(simple?)}

/ Moe