Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration.

From: Chris Mair <chris(at)1006(dot)org>
To: PAWAN SHARMA <er(dot)pawanshr0963(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration.
Date: 2017-05-29 12:58:54
Lists: pgsql-general

> C:\ora2pg>ora2pg -c ora2pg.conf
> [========================>] 2/2 tables (100.0%) end of scanning.
> [> ] 0/2 tables (0.0%) end of scanning.
> [========================>] 2/2 tables (100.0%) end of table export.

Looks good so far.
This means you could connect to Oracle DB now.

> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: relation "mytab" does not exist

This is coming from the Postgres side.

In ora2pg.conf go to the section

OUTPUT SECTION (Control output to file or PostgreSQL database)

I suggest you comment out (prefix with #) the part

#PG_DSN dbi:Pg:dbname=test_db;host=localhost;port=5432
#PG_USER test
#PG_PWD test

and just have ora2pg write its ouput to a file by setting OUTPUT like this:

OUTPUT output.sql

This way you have your oputput for Postgres in a file that you can check out
and try importing step by step. I guess you are running this on some test
data, so the file will be small enough to open it with an editor.
You cap paste piece by piece into a Postgres prompt (psql or pgadmin or whatever
you're using).

You can then see at what point you get an error (and hopefully understand
what's happening).

Bye,
Chris.