Re: how to PG close session

From: "Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS(dot)LITTLE(at)orbitz(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to PG close session
Date: 2010-10-01 15:52:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks

The only admin function that look close is

pg_terminate_backend(pid int) boolean Terminate a backend

I tried it and it couldn't be found. It is newist. We're running PG8.2.13/GP3.3.7

>Oh, these connections aren't waiting for *database* events? Then
>you should either restructure the apps or use a connection pool.
>Two popular "drop in" connection poolers are pgbouncer and pgpool.

We tried pgpool for awhile, but I think I'll have a look at the code first.
I did find in the JDBC doc connections.close which should do the trick I suspect.

Thanks

> I'm really looking for the PG command to close a session.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-SIGNAL-TABLE

-Kevin