Question regarding Hibernate ORDER BY issue

From: "Valerie Cole" <valerie(dot)cole(at)wirestone(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question regarding Hibernate ORDER BY issue
Date: 2007-10-19 22:03:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

I have a problem and am pretty sure Hibernate is the culprit but was
wondering if anybody knew of a fix. We are working on legacy code and
converted a class from Hibernate 2 xml mappings to Hibernate 3 with
annotations. On one of the One To Many attributes we have used the
@OrderBy("displayPosition"). The SQL generated by Hibernate outputs the
column name as DisplayPosition with no quoting, and Postgres kicks back
an error saying the column does not exist. Our tables/columns have all
been created with quotes and must be accessed with quotes (I don't know
if that is the norm, I am somewhat of a Postgres newb). I have been
Googling for about an hour and unable to come up with anything, so I
thought I would drop a line.

Thanks,

V. Cole

Valerie Cole