Re: Suddenly all tables were gone

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suddenly all tables were gone
Date: 2014-01-03 20:43:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com> writes:
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Could we see the output from pg_controldata?

> Here you go. The problem database has already been dropped and re-created,

Then the evidence is pretty much gone I'm afraid :-(

> Latest checkpoint's NextXID: 0/32280314

Hm, this cluster is nowhere near old enough for wraparound to be an
issue. No idea now what happened to you.

If it happens again, please rename the broken DB out of the way rather
than summarily dropping it. We'll not have much chance of identifying
the cause without some forensic work.