How to optimization database for heavy I/O from updates (software and hardware)

From: Niels Kristian Schjødt <nielskristian(at)autouncle(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org list" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to optimization database for heavy I/O from updates (software and hardware)
Date: 2013-09-16 15:53:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

I'm in the process of taking the next leap in performance optimization of our database, I just need some good advice on my journey. I posted the full question with images here on stackexchange if someone would be interested in commenting / answering it would be great!

Regards Niels Kristian

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/49984/how-to-optimization-database-for-heavy-i-o-from-updates-software-and-hardware