Re: max_wal_size

From: p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pluzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: max_wal_size
Date: 2020-05-29 12:59:02
Lists: pgsql-docs

David,

> I don't know whether a change along those lines to the configuration
> reference page is useful or not - I wouldn't make one without a
> comprehensive re-read of the actual background/learning section of the
> documentation. My gut instinct is that I just don't think the
> documentation can do this situation justice and that, as illustrated
> by this thread, there are better resources available for these less
> common situations.

Hm, After some cool down period, I looked with a fresh look.

I'm sure there is no need to make changes to the configuration reference
page.
And I'm not sure that there is a need to make changes to the main
section.

In any case, it was interesting discussion. Thank you.

-----
Pavel Luzanov
The Russian Postgres Company