doc: some fixes for environment sections in ref pages

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: doc: some fixes for environment sections in ref pages
Date: 2024-05-13 08:48:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I noticed that the reference pages for initdb and pg_ctl claim in the
Environment section that libpq variables are used, which does not seem
correct to me. I think this was accidentally copied when this blurb was
added to other pages.

While I was checking around that, I also noticed that pg_amcheck and
pg_upgrade don't have Environment sections on their reference pages, so
I added them. For pg_amcheck I copied the standard text for client
programs. pg_upgrade has its own specific list of environment variables.

Patches attached. I think the first one is a bug fix.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-doc-Remove-claims-that-initdb-and-pg_ctl-use-libpq-e.patch text/plain 1.6 KB
0002-doc-Add-standard-Environment-section-to-pg_amcheck-r.patch text/plain 1.2 KB
0003-doc-Add-standard-Environment-section-to-pg_upgrade-r.patch text/plain 2.9 KB