Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server

From: Alan McKay <alan(dot)mckay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Sheats <psheats(at)pbpost(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server
Date: 2009-06-01 16:27:23
Lists: pgsql-performance

Disclaimer : I'm very much a newbie here!

But I am on the path in my new job to figure this stuff out as well,
and went to PG Con here in Ottawa 2 weeks ago and attended quite a few
lectures on this topic. Have a look at :

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2009

And in particular "Database Hardware Benchmarking" by Greg Smith
and
"Visualizing Postgres" by Michael Glaesmann
"Performance Whack-a-Mole" by Josh Berkus

--
“Mother Nature doesn’t do bailouts.”
- Glenn Prickett