Re: table corrupted

From: João Eugenio Marynowski <joaoem(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: table corrupted
Date: 2009-10-23 19:26:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2009/10/23 Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>

> Well, that's not really the problem. Your data is corrupted -
> increasing the index row size is not going to fix it.
>
> I'm not really knowledgeable enough about the guts of the database to
> know whether there are lower-level tools that could be used to rescue
> your data. I wonder if you'd have any luck selecting data a few rows
> at a time (LIMIT 100, say, without ORDER BY). That might at least
> enable you to get some of the data out of there, if there are some
> pages that are undamaged. But I'm grasping at straws here.
>
> ...Robert

I ask about the index row size because I can't re-index the database and
I've a server for tests and in this I removed the pk and can't recreate the
index because it showing error about size row limit indices.
And, only occurs erros when you run a query involving the records damaged.
I'm trying to identify them (less of 1% of the total registers).